A similar entry appears in the Wheel of Time Companion confirming the information available in the main story arc.
Author: Atarah al'Norahn
Aeron is a Wise One of the Black Water sept of the Nakai Aiel (TFoH, Ch. 23). Though she cannot channel, she stands high among the Wise Ones, higher than Daviena, Losaine, and Tialin, all of whom can channel (TPoD, Prologue).
Egwene thinks to herself that Aeron is pleasant and smiling, with never a cross word (LoC, Ch. 27). After Rand is kidnapped by Elaida's Aes Sedai, however, she is very cold towards Aes Sedai; Verin has never seen her smile at an Aes Sedai (TPoD, Prologue).
- Aeron is one of the Wise Ones who accompanies Rand from the Aiel Waste, through Jangai Pass and into Cairhien (TFoH, Ch. 23).
- When Sorilea overhears Aviendha asking Egwene to tell the Wise Ones that Aviendha does not wish to stay in Rand's tents anymore, Sorilea walks over to speak with them. Melaine and Aeron start to join them, but Sorilea tells them that Amys wishes to see them. They scurry back to the other Wise Ones (TFoH, Ch. 23).
- Sorilea sends Aeron, Colinda and Edarra to the Royal Library in Cairhien to see if they can find the information that Nesune Bihara is searching for; it has something to do with the seals on the Dark One's prison. They sigh and mutter about it, but leave immediately (LoC, Ch. 25).
- Nesune thinks to herself about how three Aiel women seem to turn up whenever she is at the Royal Library (LoC, Ch. 27).
- Aeron and some other Wise Ones talk three Maidens into sneaking over the wall of Lady Arilyn's Palace in the night to spy on the Aes Sedai. While they are climbing the roof into an attic, they are caught. They are later tossed back out into the street, so bruised they can barely walk. The other Wise Ones now take turns upbraiding Aeron and her friends; this is usually done in private, but Sorilea seems to be making a point of confronting them before many people. When some Shaido Wise Ones appear in the camp, they sneer at Aeron and the others, and wonder aloud what will happen when the Aes Sedai find out that they were responsible. They have begun to walk as small as the apprentices (LoC, Ch. 32).
- When Egwene admits that she has lied about being an Aes Sedai, most of the Wise Ones and their apprentices take turns whipping her to help her meet her toh. Aeron seems to want to cut her in two (LoC, Ch. 32).
- Aeron, Tialin, Carahuin and a second Maiden bring Beldeine to Verin so that she can question her. Aeron picks up the notebook that Verin has dropped, but since Verin writes in code, she cannot tell what it says. She asks Verin how the questioning is going, and Verin tells her that all of the Aes Sedai say variations of the same thing. When Verin learns that Katerine Alruddin has escaped, Aeron tells her that she will not tell Rand about it, as he has enough to worry about (TPoD, Prologue).
It never ceased to amaze Egwene that Sorilea should have an apprentice who was full of fun, while Aeron, pleasant and smiling, with never a cross word, had one who seemed to hunt for rules to obey. (Egwene; Lord of Chaos, Chapter 27).
Gold and ivory bracelets clattered softly as Aeron adjusted her dark shawl. She peered down as though trying to read Verin's thoughts. Aeron seemed to stand high among the Wise Ones, and while Verin occasionally had seen a smile crease those dark-tanned cheeks, a warm and easy smile, it was never directed at an Aes Sedai. We never suspected that you would be the ones to fail, she had told Verin somewhat murkily. There had been nothing unclear in the rest of it, however. Aes Sedai have no honor. Give me one hair of suspicion, and I will strap you till you cannot stand, with my own hands. Give me two hairs, and I will stake you out for the vultures and the ants. (Verin; The Path of Daggers, Prologue).
Aeron arched an eyebrow at the Maiden coldly. "Did she speak to you, Carahuin?" Both Maidens suddenly became engrossed in the task of keeping Beldeine on her feet. Aeron merely glanced at Tialin, but the red-haired Wise One lowered her gaze. Verin was the next recipient of those attentions. "Your concern for Rand al'Thor does you... honor," Aeron said grudgingly. "He will be guarded. You have no need to know more. Or so much." Abruptly her tone hardened. "But apprentices do not use that tone with Wise Ones, Verin Mathwin Aes Sedai." The last words were a sneer. (Aeron upon Verin learning that Katerine Alruddin has escaped; The Path of Daggers, Prologue).