A similar entry appears in the Wheel of Time Companion. Other information about the character is also included in the Companion, but we did not use it in the TarValon.Net Library.
Author: Estyrien al'Halien
Alise Tenjile runs the Kin's farm. She is a practical woman who does not suffer fools gladly. She was sent away from the White Tower because she was not strong enough to become Aes Sedai (TPoD, Ch. 4).
Alise looks like she is in her middle years but since she can channel this is not true. She is, however, over two hundred years younger than Sumeko (KoD, Ch. 31). She has brown hair flecked with grey and is of middling height. She has a mild face and a comforting smile (TPoD, Ch. 4).
Alise flees from the farm to Andor when the Seanchan attack (TPoD, Ch. 6). She still keeps a firm hand on people who were at the farm. She prevents Kinswomen from rebelling when Adeleas puts Kirstian and Zarya back in novice white (TPoD, Ch. 28).
- Alise stops a small rebellion from the Kinswomen against the Aes Sedai (TPoD, Ch. 28).
- Alise, Caiden, Kumiko and one other Kinswoman make a gateway from the Royal Palace to the city walls to take Birgitte, Elayne, and their troops to fight Arymilla's attackers (KoD, Ch. 13).
- Elayne asks Vandene to speak with Sumeko and Alise to make sure the rest of the Kin don't panic after the recent murders (KoD, Ch. 17).
- Alise and Sumeko update Elayne on another murder of a Kinswoman - the third in the last ten days. They are present when Elayne meets Duhara. Both confirm that they believe Elayne is Aes Sedai despite what Duhara said (KoD, Ch. 31).
- She and Sumeko meet with Elayne to discuss the future of the Kin (ToM, Ch. 17).
- Alise only needs a week to convince a woman that stubbornness does not pay (ACoS, Ch. 24).
- Alise does not defer to Aes Sedai in the way that most of the Kin do (TPoD, Ch. 4).
- Alise runs the farm with a firm hand (TPoD, Ch. 4).
- Now that the Kin are no longer a secret, Alise is not willing to return to the old ways (ToM, Ch. 17).
"What would we go back for? To be told again we aren't strong enough and be sent on our ways? Or will they just keep us as novices the rest of our lives? Some might accept that, but I won't." (Alise upon being told that the Kin would be accepted into the White Tower; The Path of Daggers, Chapter 4)
The woman was far from strong in the One Power - she would never attain the shawl - but she had a way of taking charge when she wanted to and making everyone around her accept it. Including Aes Sedai. (Elayne about Alise; Winter's Heart, Chapter 8)