Author: Atarah al'Norahn
Caniedrin is a beardless Kandori youth who fights with Lan during the Aiel War. Lan thinks to himself that Caniedrin is not as innocent as his fresh face suggests, as he is an efficient and experienced soldier (NS, Ch. 1).
Caniedrin is an archer of rare skill. He often laughs as he fights and is a "cheerful killer" (NS, Ch. 1).
Lan thinks to himself that Caniedrin likes to press the edges when he can (NS, Ch. 12).
- Caniedrin brings Lan his horse when they learn that there are Aiel nearby. He is smiling at the thought of the fighting to come. He seems disappointed when they do not fight the Aiel (NS, Ch. 1).
- Lan's company is near Kinslayer's Dagger. Lan is looking for Aiel, and Caniedrin is impatient as to why they are just standing there (NS, Ch. 12).
- When Lan, Bukama, and Ryne Venamar are riding towards Chachin, Caniedrin shoots an arrow at Lan, but Moiraine saves him and catches Caniedrin with flows of air. Bukama and Ryne shoot him with arrows. He dies before Moiraine can Heal and question him. As he dies, they learn that he was hired to kill Moiraine (NS, Ch. 21).
- Moiraine wonders if it was Gorthanes who hired Caniedrin to kill her (NS, Ch. 21).
- In the pouch hanging behind his quiver, Moiraine finds a wooden comb, a half-eaten piece of cheese covered with lint, a small folding knife, a ball of string, and a filthy, crumpled handkerchief. In his belt pouch, she finds a handful of silver and copper, and ten gold crowns. They leave the coins lying beside his body (NS, Ch. 21).
- Caniedrin was riding a brown gelding with white stockings. Lan turns him lose and sends him back towards Ravinda (NS, Ch. 21).
Of course, the Kandori was not as innocent as his fresh face suggested. An efficient and experienced soldier, an archer of rare skill, he was a cheerful killer who often laughed while he fought. He was smiling now, at the prospect of fighting to come. (Lan; New Spring, Chapter 1)
"Gold. Why else? You still have...the Dark One's luck...turning just then...or that shaft...would have found...your heart. He should have...told me...she's Aes Sedai...instead of just saying...to kill her first." (Caniedrin to Lan as he dies; New Spring, Chapter 21)