Erian Boroleos is an Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah who sides with Elaida after the split (LoC, Prologue). She has four Warders, but two of them are killed by Rand after Elaida's Aes Sedai capture him. The other two are named Rashan and Bartol (LoC, Ch. 53).
Erian is from Illian. She is short and slender, and her pale face is like an exquisite oval (LoC, Ch. 53). She has dark hair and brown eyes, and is beautiful (LoC, Ch. 25). Galina thinks that she is "doll-like" (LoC, Ch. 53).
- Erian, Katerine, Coiren, and Nesune meet with Sevanna and two other Wise Ones to discuss Rand (LoC, Prologue).
- Erian tries to find out what the Atha'an Miere are doing in Cairhien. She is refused permission to board their ships (LoC, Ch. 27).
- After Rand is captured, he tries to break free upon finding out that Min is also a prisoner. He ends up killing two of Erian's Warders. Galina gives Erian permission to beat Rand. Afterwards, she goes to spend time with her two living Warders (LoC, Ch. 53).
- Erian refuses to beat Rand after the second day (LoC, Ch. 55).
- After escaping the shield, Rand knocks Erian out. He does not still her, even though Lews Therin wants to. He thinks to himself that, if he stills Erian, he wanted her to know who is doing it and why (LoC, Ch. 55).
- Sorilea brings Elza Penfell, Nesune Bihara, Sarene Nemdahl, Beldeine Nyram, and Erian to Rand after they beg to be allowed to swear fealty to him. Rand accepts (TPoD, Ch. 29).
- Erian and Beldeine play stones while Cadsuane and Harine din Togara speak in the sunroom of the Sun Palace (WH, Ch. 13).
- Erian is not mentioned in the chapter that deals with Shadar Logoth and the Choedan Kal, even though the other four (Beldeine, Elza, Nesune, and Sarene) are. It might be that she is there, but Robert Jordan forgot to mention her (WH, Ch. 35).
- Erian is at the Pendaloan estates in Tear with Rand and Cadsuane. She enters Rand's rooms to let him know that her Warders, Rashan and Bartol, are Traveling closer (CoT, Ch. 23).
- Erian, Sarene, and Nesune hold the shield while Merise questions Semirhage. This is more than traditionally necessary according to Cadsuane (TGS, Ch. 5).
- Elza, Erian, and Daigan watch Cadsuane spank Semirhage. They were holding the shield for Sarene (TGS, Ch. 19).
Erian has four Warders, though two are dead because of Rand. Her two living Warders suffer because they can feel her pain through the bond and because they know that she suffers (LoC, Ch. 53).
Rand sometimes dreams of being in the box again, being beaten by Galina, Erian, and Katerine (ACoS, Ch. 33). At Dumai's Wells, Lews Therin wanted to still her, but Rand decides that, if he stills her, he wants Erian to know who is doing it and why (LoC, Ch. 55). She ended up swearing fealty to him because she realizes that they were wrong to kidnap and beat him; she thinks that he must be at the Last Battle, and she wishes to help him get there (TPoD, Ch. 29). She and the rest of Elaida's Aes Sedai who are in Tear watch Cadsuane as if suspicious of her intentions towards him (CoT, Ch. 23).
Cadsuane thinks she and the others who swore to Rand are fools (TGS, Ch. 23).
Erian, Nesune, Sarene, and Beldeine are less welcome in Rand's presence (TGS, Ch. 48).
- She is troubled by the rumor of a Green sister with Rand (LoC, Ch. 25).
- When Galina says that she thinks that Moiraine is the "Green sister", she proposes giving her into Erian's charge for the journey back to the Tower. Erian nods sharply (LoC, Ch. 25).
- Sarene thinks that Erian has no head for logic (LoC, Ch. 25).
- Sorilea tells Rand that, out of the five (Beldeine, Elza, Erian, Nesune, and Sarene), Erian was the first to ask to be beaten as Rand was, at sunrise and sunset; it was granted (TPoD, Ch. 29).
- "Among all of those images spilling around Rand and the women, suddenly an aura flashed, blue and yellow tinged with green, encompassing them all. And Min knew its meaning. She gasped, half in surprise, half in relief. "They will serve you, each in her fashion, Rand." (Min's viewing of Beldeine, Elza, Erian, Nesune, Sarene, Sorilea and Rand; TPoD, Ch. 29)
"He did try to break through the shield again, Galina. He must be punished again. I do want to be the one to punish him." (Erian to Galina about Rand; Lord of Chaos, Chapter 53)
"Thank you, Galina, but I cannot. Rashan and Bartol will be waiting for me. They do suffer worse than I, I fear. They do not only feel my suffering, but do suffer because they know I do. I must comfort them." (Erian to Galina; Lord of Chaos, Chapter 53)
"We did be wrong in taking you. I have considered long on it. You must fight the last Battle, and we must help you. If you will no accept me, I do understand, but I will help as you do require if you will allow." (Erian to Rand; The Path of Daggers, Chapter 29)
"Bartol and Rashan do be coming. I did no send for them, but someone did Travel with them. An hour ago, I felt them suddenly closer, and just now, closer again. They are coming toward us now." (Erian to Rand and Cadsuane; Crossroads of Twilight, Chapter 23)