Harine din Togara Two Winds
Harine din Togara Two Winds is Wavemistress of Clan Shodein (LoC, Ch. 28). She is a handsome, full-mouthed woman with five earrings in each ear. She has straight black hair, with white streaks and fine lines at the corner of her eyes (ACoS, Ch. 34). As with all the Sea Folk, she is dark. She was responsible for making the Bargain with the Coramoor, as part of which she named herself Ambassador (TPoD, Ch. 27). The Bargain did not go well, though according to Min, despite being punished for it, she will be Mistress of the Ships one day (ACoS, Ch. 34). Harine is very aware that her position is one of high authority and believes she is deserving of respect (WH, Ch. 13; Ch. 23).
- She arrives in Cairhien, on the River Alguenya, with instructions to negotiate the Bargain with Rand (LoC, Ch. 17).
- She sends a letter to Rand, inviting him to meet with her (LoC, Ch. 28).
- Rand visits her on a day when his ta'veren effects are particularly strong and working in his favor. She gives away a great deal before he leaves Merana and Rafela in charge (ACoS, Ch. 34) and names herself ambassador (TPoD, Ch. 27).
- She demands that Shalon be returned to her when Cadsuane is holding her after the attack on the Sun Palace and is threatened when she pushes Cadsuane too far (WH, Ch. 13).
- Harine accompanies Rand to Shadar Logoth, where he cleanses the taint. She and Min are guarded by Tomas and Moad (WH, Ch. 35).
- Verin takes Harine, Shalon and Moad to Tear, where they learn of Nesta's death and she sets off, hoping to be declared Mistress of the Ships (CoT, Ch. 23).
- She fails in the attempt and is instead punished for making a deficient Bargain by being stripped, hung by her ankles and beaten (KoD, Ch. 22).
- She is summoned to a meeting of the first twelve in Illian where she learns of the death of the Amayar and that Rand wants the Sea Folk to take supplies to Arad Doman (KoD, Ch. 22).
- Logain tells the first twelve of the Sea Folk that he believes Rand would be willing to accept Harine as an ambassador from the Sea Folk. Harine thinks it unlikely that Zaida will agree (KoD, Ch. 22).
- She returns from the gathering to be the Ambassador to Rand (TGS, Ch. 5).
- Rand makes a bargain with her. She tells him how men who can channel are treated among the Sea Folk and in return, he agrees to answer one question of hers (TGS, Ch. 5)
- Harine would not take a lover of lower rank than her, which effectively means she would not take any (WH, Ch. 23).
- As part of the agreement to be allowed to accompany Cadsuane to Far Madding, she agreed that Cadsuane would be included in any invitations she received (WH, Ch. 24).
Her sister and also her Windfinder is Shalon din Togara Morning tide (ACoS, Ch. 34). The two are close, but neither ever forgets their different station in life. She is younger than Shalon (WH, Ch. 23). When Shalon is unable to touch the Source in Far Madding, Harine comforts her and offers to bathe with her as Shalon did for her when they were children (WH, Ch. 24).
Her Swordmaster is Moad.
She does not like Zaida and resents her being chosen Mistress of the Ships (KoD, Ch. 22).
“If it please the light, I will receive you on the deck of White Spray at your earliest convenience.
Harine din Togara Two Winds
of Clan Shodein, Wavemistress'”
(Letter to Rand; (Lord of Chaos, Chapter 28).
“If I do not make the Bargain well, Nesta will hang me naked in the rigging and call the first twelve of Clan Shodein to name a new Wavemistress” (Harine; Lord of Chaos, Chapter 34).