Author: Toral Delvar
Paitr Conel is a Darkfriend from Market Sheran in Andor (TEotW, Ch. 33). He has what was described as a cocky walk and thick curls. Physically, he wouldn't have looked out of place in the Two Rivers (TEotW, Ch. 33). His broken nose, improperly set, prevents him from being good-looking (LoC, Prologue).
- He walks into the inn that Mat and Rand are in and seems surprised to see them, but goes to talk to them anyway (TEotW, Ch. 33).
- When he won't let them leave the inn, Mat hits him, breaking his nose, and he gives himself away as a Darkfriend (TEotW, Ch. 33.
- News of the incident spreads ahead of Rand and Mat, transforming into a meeting of twenty Darkfriends with twisted bodies (TEotW, Ch. 33).
- He is in Amador with his uncle Jen when he hears of Morgase's plight and offers to help her escape (LoC, Prologue).
- He accompanies Morgase when she goes hawking (LoC, Ch. 9).
- He is executed after Trom catches him and his uncle chanting a catechism to the Shadow. Morgase witnesses this (LoC, Ch. 31).
- He initially refers to his uncle as Jen, but he is later called Torwyn (LoC, Prologue; LoC, Ch. 31).